Events List(12 Results Found)
More consumers than ever before are turning to online shopping for greater convenience, safety, and variety. In this webinar, the Toronto Digital Service Squad will teach you the basic steps to setting up an online store. We will cover everything from what you need to prepare before launching a store, to choosing an e-commerce platform, to providing excellent customer service online. You’ll finish this session feeling excited about how e-commerce can help you reach new customers and expand into different markets.
What you will learn:
• What is e-commerce, why it’s important and the benefits of selling online
• What platforms are available and how to pick the right one for you
• The basics of inventory management, choosing the right solution, and streamlining point-of-sale for both in-store and online
• Optimizing your website content, choosing the right themes, and the basics of search engine optimization (SEO)
• How to set up secure payments and various shipping options & costs
• Look at the basics of driving traffic to your store and boost sales through a variety of digital marketing channels
• How to provide excellent customer service throughout the e-commerce purchase funnel
Join like-minded professionals at Wednesday Wisdom!
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, August 3, 2022, for an in-person meetup and evening of networking. We will be meeting in-person at Frank Brewing Co. in Windsor.
Connect with new and familiar faces to share:
- What you do
- A recent goal achieved
- Any other positive news
The goal is to have fun while networking! Please be sure to RSVP to reserve your spot.
10:00 AM| Online
Do you have an idea and you want to start your own small business, but you aren’t sure where to start? Attend this free seminar to find out information such as:
- How to register your business
- Business structure
- Government support programs
- Other services and programs available to you
The RBC EPIC Founders Program is an intensive 12-week startup accelerator program for students and recent graduates who want to turn their ideas into businesses. This program provides multifaceted workshops, hybrid learning opportunities, and training, as well as mentorship and advisory services.
Join us on Tuesday, August 9th for our Founders Final Pitch Competition where 7 startups will pitch their business idea to a panel of judges and LIVE audience. The winner of the Final Pitch Competition will walk away with a $3,500 cash prize. The runner-up will receive a $1,000 cash prize. Both awards are proudly sponsored by RBC Foundation.
- 3:00 PM – 5:30 PM – Final Pitch Competition
- 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM – Wrap Up Celebration (light hors d’oeuvres will be available)
The presenting 2022 RBC EPIC Founders
- Art Media Production, Founder Justin Elliott
- TracKIT, Founder Yimin Liu
- MiDecSa, Founder Mahsa Jalali
- Montcalm Fine Art Conservation, Founder Spencer Montcalm
- Socialization, Founder Ala Alam Falaki
- The Guide, Founder Aarish Khan\
- TrueNorth Fitness Equipment, Founder Goutham Ravi
Learn more about the Growing Creative Careers: Windsor & Region program before you apply. Cohort 3 topic will be Planning Your Projects!
About this event
This is an info session for WorkInCulture's Growing Creative Careers: Windsor & Region Cohort 3 - Planning Your Projects.
This cohort will focus on how to build creative projects and programs, from idea to execution. Artists of all disciplines, creative professionals, community arts workers, arts organizations, and non-arts organizations interested in partnering with creatives, are invited to apply to this free, intensive training series on project planning and execution, happening in the Windsor-Essex region from September to November 2022.
Application deadline is Friday September 2, 2022.
Learn more and ask your questions about the program before you apply.
What will be covered in the info session?
- How to apply
- Training topics and learning outcomes(outline of program)
- Time commitments
- Benefits for participating
- Next steps
Nadja Pelkey, Curriculum Consultant and Facilitator will be in attendance to answer any questions you may have about the program and cohort 3.
For more information and to review the program FAQs and Schedule in advance visit: www.workinculture.ca/windsor
A sophisticated garden hat party to celebrate and highlight fascinating founders in the Kingsville community and beyond.
If you have the mind of an entrepreneur, you are well aware of the many hats worn to keep a business venture innovative and successful. The purpose of this event is to celebrate this!
You are cordially invited to join us dressed in your favourite hat or fascinator to mingle with local entrepreneurs and talent that truly captures the essence of the Kingsville community.
FREE Ticket includes:
- A front seat to the performance of local music, art and poetry
- Curated hors d’oeuvres and drinks made with ingredients grown locally
- Photo op experiences and chance to capture a new headshot
- Access to a short WEtech presentation & networking and exploring of the beautiful Estate of Health grounds
- A “From Kingsville with LOVE” goodie bag
Stay tuned on WEtech’s social platforms and we will be dropping announcements of Kingsville talent recruited to make this event one we will all never forget!
The event is being hosted by WEtech Alliance and powered by Libro Credit Union, in partnership with Town of Kingsville.
What is our plan if it rains? If it rains, the event will still go ahead and will be executed inside Estate of Health’s yoga studio and tea room space. We are entrepreneurs, and can always shift a plan if necessary!
Who is this event for? This event is for students, aspiring entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs and business owners, and anyone who is curious about entrepreneurship. The goal for this event is to help motivate, connect and support the local entrepreneurship community.
About Innovation Outposts: The Innovation Outposts event series, powered by Libro Credit Union, connects businesses with important resources designed to inspire growth and strong relationships. Innovation Outpost events include community building activities and workshops to connect entrepreneurs, supporting business development through educational programming, and strengthening networks to regional and national business support groups. For more details, visit www.wetech-alliance.com/outposts or email Lauryn Bodde, Events Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Estate of Health: Estate of Health offers a beautiful setting in which to explore your path to wellness and find guidance and support throughout that process. Their centre includes many exceptional features to help you restore, nourish and revitalize the body, mind and spirit. Some of them include: a yoga studio, tea lounge, 6 healing treatment rooms, hydrotherapy area & pool, meditative garden spaces, labyrinth and a wellness boutique. Guests of Estate of Health visit to step away from their daily grind and experience peace of mind, physical rejuvenation, and spiritual vitality.
Location: Estate of Health, 101 Mill Street, Kingsville, ON N9Y 1W4
Your customers are on the web. Having a strategy for your online presence allows you to market your small business online so customers can easily find you. In this workshop hosted by the Toronto Digital Service Squad we’ll discuss the importance of getting your business online and where to start with developing your online presence.
What you will learn:
- What is web presence and what platforms you can use to set up your website
- How to create a professionally-designed, responsive website for your business
- How to optimize website content to improve your search engine ranking (SEO)
- Setting up your Google My Business listing and other online directories
- Getting started with social media
- How email marketing can grow your business and encourage repeat customers
- Developing a cohesive brand voice online
- Engaging with customers virtually and building relationships on the web
Join us to learn how to build the foundation for your business’ web presence.
Being bold, finding creative solutions and always being up for the challenge, that is the entrepreneurial journey. So, we have called on the technology and innovation leaders that know how to ideate, create and plow through obstacles, and have scaled innovative, thriving ventures, to answer your many questions. We asked about the lessons they have learned, the advice they followed, the tools they use and the habits and practices that have enabled their success to actualize their visions and realize their goals.
Their response? “Ask us anything.”
Step into the minds of four members of The TechAlliance Board of Directors – disruptors, innovators and industry leaders that have built some of Southwestern Ontario’s most notable companies during this Fireside Chat.
During 2022 it’s more important for manufacturers to eliminate profit waste and maintain their employee count. Jeff Dumart will be speaking about the top government grants for Canadian manufacturers in this webinar.
Attendees will learn about specific government grants and funding opportunities to hire and train employees, adopt new technologies, perform cutting-edge research and development projects, and reach export markets.
10:00 AM| Online
In this free 60-minute online seminar learn about:
- Creating a Business Model
- Doing your Market Research
- Analyzing the Competion
- What is yout Value Proposition?
Do you have an idea for a food business? Want to learn more before you “venture” into food production? Looking to find out how to search for a licensed commercial kitchen that can help you get your venture off the ground? Or just have a delicious recipe you wish to cook up into a money-making business? Then be sure to attend this valuable workshop on Starting a Food Business.
You will leave with a better understanding of how to get started on your path to success in the food and beverage industry!
02:00 PM| Online
A good business plan is your road map to success! A business plan is also required when applying for any type of small business financing. Attend this informative session to learn how to develop a business plan that will work for you! This session will cover:
- The required elements of a business plan
- How to break it down in to manageable pieces
- Where to gather relevant information
- How to professionally arrange your ideas and research
- What to do with the plan when it's completed
Social media is an invaluable tool for today’s business, whether you are just starting out or have been established for years. Not understanding how to use social media effectively can leave you overwhelmed and ultimately hurt your bottom line as your potential customers can easily find your competitors. This workshop hosted by the Toronto Digital Service Squad will leave you with a better understanding of how to leverage the power of social media to grow your online community, drive sales and reduce marketing costs.
What you will learn:
• How to choose the right social media platform(s) for your business
• How to set up and optimize social media profiles
• The basics of Instagram & Facebook shopping and how to utilize shoppable feeds
• Best practices for engagement on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and Pinterest
• Growing your social media community using both organic and paid strategies
• Planning and curating your social media content
• Tools for managing platforms and scheduling posts to save you time and energy
Join us to learn the ropes of building an engaging and profitable social media presence for your business.